If you’re thinking about starting a cinnamon trading business and would like to understand more about the Cassia cinnamon vs Ceylon cinnamon. What is the distinction between ceylon and cassia cinnamon? Find out by reading this article.
Concerns about the distinction between Cassia cinnamon vs Ceylon cinnamon
Let’s get through some common questions about cinnamon Cassia vs Ceylon.
- Compare Cassia cinnamon vs Ceylon of appearance, taste and aroma
- Compare Cassia cinnamon vs Ceylon of chemical substance
- Compare Cassia cinnamon vs Ceylon of price
Answer the questions regarding to Cassia cinnamon vs Ceylon
It’s time to learn the distinction between cinnamon Cassia vs Ceylon cinnamon.
2.1. Compare Cassia cinnamon vs Ceylon of appearance, taste and aroma
Cassia cinnamon and Ceylon cinnamon are two popular types of cinnamon with distinct characteristics in terms of appearance, taste, and aroma. Here’s a comparison between the two:
- Cassia cinnamon: It is dark reddish-brown in color with thick, rough bark. The inner bark forms multiple layers that are rolled into sticks or quills.
- Ceylon cinnamon: It has a light tan to a light brown color with thin, delicate bark. The bark tends to be papery and easily crumbles into layers.
- Cassia cinnamon: It has a strong, spicy, and slightly sweet flavor with a pronounced heat. It is often described as being bolder and more intense than Ceylon cinnamon.
- Ceylon cinnamon: It has a more subtle and delicate flavor compared to Cassia cinnamon. It is mildly sweet and has hints of citrus and floral notes.
- Cassia cinnamon: It has a robust and pungent aroma that is warm and intense, often associated with traditional cinnamon scent.
- Ceylon cinnamon: It has a lighter and sweeter aroma compared to Cassia cinnamon. It is often described as having a complex fragrance with hints of citrus and subtle floral notes.
2.2. Compare Cassia cinnamon vs Ceylon of chemical composition
They also differ in terms of chemical composition and potential health benefits.
- Cassia cinnamon: It generally has a higher oil content compared to Ceylon cinnamon. The oil in Cassia cinnamon contributes to its strong flavor and aroma.
- Ceylon cinnamon: It has a relatively lower oil content compared to Cassia cinnamon. This contributes to its more delicate fragrance.
- Cassia cinnamon: It typically has a slightly higher moisture content than Ceylon cinnamon. The moisture content can affect the texture and shelf life of the cinnamon.
- Ceylon cinnamon: It tends to have a lower moisture content compared to Cassia cinnamon. This can contribute to its drier and more brittle texture.
- Cassia cinnamon: It contains higher levels of coumarin compared to Ceylon cinnamon. Coumarin is a natural compound found in cinnamon that can be harmful if consumed in large quantities over a prolonged period.
- Ceylon cinnamon: It contains significantly lower levels of coumarin compared to Cassia cinnamon. Ceylon cinnamon is often preferred for its lower coumarin content and considered safer for regular consumption.
It’s important to note that the coumarin content in Cassia cinnamon has raised some concerns regarding its potential health effects. Therefore, if you are using cinnamon regularly or in large amounts, Ceylon cinnamon is generally recommended due to its lower coumarin levels.
2.3. Compare Cassia cinnamon vs Ceylon of price
On average, Cassia cinnamon tends to be more affordable and commonly available, with prices ranging from around $2 to $6 per ounce or $5 to $15 per pound.
According to the wholesale ceylon cinnamon, Ceylon cinnamon, being considered a higher-quality and more premium variety, typically comes with a higher price tag. On average, Ceylon cinnamon prices range from around $6 to $10 per ounce or $15 to $25 per pound.
Remember that these price ranges are general estimates and can vary based on different factors. It’s always a good idea to compare prices from multiple sources to find the best deal in your specific area.
Hanoi Cinnamon – the most quality cinnamon supplier
Hanoi Cinnamon stands out as the ultimate destination for those seeking the highest quality cinnamon. With a relentless dedication to excellence, they meticulously source their cinnamon from the rich and fertile forests of Vietnam, known for producing some of the finest spice in the world. Every batch of cinnamon from Hanoi Cinnamon is carefully selected, hand-picked, and undergoes a rigorous quality control process to ensure its exceptional flavor, aroma, and purity. Whether it’s for culinary delights, baking indulgences, or wellness rituals, Hanoi Cinnamon guarantees an exquisite sensory experience that elevates every dish and captivates the senses. Trust Hanoi Cinnamon as your go-to supplier for the most premium cinnamon, adding a touch of perfection to your creations.